- New challenges are posted every Sunday. They are open for one full week. Icons are due the following Sunday, 10 pm EST.
- Voting will open late Sunday or Monday. Voting is open until Friday evening, in which winners will be posted shortly after.
Provided there are enough entries, there will always be a first/second/third place winner, and a mod's choice (the Galaxy Class award). If there are too few entries, we will vote for Best Icon. Votes are weighed: first choice gets 3 points, second choice gets 2 points, and third choice gets 1 point.
Occasionally a special category or special challenge may be included as well.
The mod may participate as harmony033 (my regular LJ, for non-modly purposes). However, the mod will NEVER receive preferential treatment or Galaxy Class award.
- All icons will be submitted by screened comment to the original challenge post.
- Please include icons in this format: image and URL.
Feel free to use this form to help you. Just replace URL with the direct link.
Icons must be uploaded to a site with direct linking. (i.e. Photobucket, tinypic, etc.)
- Members only may participate in challenges; anyone may vote. If you have an OpenID, just message the mod and you can participate.
- Do not post or use your icon until voting ends for anonymity purposes.
- Do not vote for your own icons. Do not get others to vote for you.
- Icons must fit LJ requirements: up to 100x100, 40kb, GIFs, PNGs, or JPGs.
- All icons submitted for challenges must be original creations for the specific challenge only.
- Only the mod has posting access.
- If you would like to take or use an icon, ask first. Post a comment on the icon's challenge entry post and the maker will be contacted.
- Always remember, this is for fun. No flames or otherwise rudeness, please.
NOTE: If an icon is questionable, the mod will request a replacement icon for the entry. The mod reserves the right to refuse entries if icons include inappropriate language, person or character bashing, or other inappropriate material. This is not an adult community, this is open to everyone, so please keep it PG-rated.
We could use a banner maker! Please comment here if you are interested.